Wednesday 22 May 2013

Kritsotopoula by the bus stop

In a shady square by the main bus stop of Kritsa is a bust of Rodanthe, the heroine of the story I am writing.

Disguised as a young man, she joined the rebels and it was only when she fell, fatally wounded that her secret was discovered.  The premise of my version of the story is to build a credible foundation to keep her safe as a young man during her many adventures

We will never know the truth, so perhaps the echoes I feel in the village and surrounding area, are guiding me in the right direction.


My best translation of the information plate below Rodanthe is:

Rodanthe Kritsotopoula
Daughter of the First (senior) Pappas of Kritsa, 
who heroically fought against the Turks in the two day battle of 1823

Any better translation will be received gratefully.


http://clicktotweet.com/W62fS


No comments:

Post a Comment